HOUSTON SUMMER HARP FESTIVAL CHECK LIST
ALL Students should bring:
- Harp (Rented harp must be reserved by June 15th.)
- Harp dolly (if you use one)
- Bench or Stool that you use one at home
- Extra Strings that you already own
- Music in ½ size black binder
- Tuning Key
- Tuner or tuning app on phone
- Clip-on or oyster mic pick-up for tuner or earbuds for tuning app on phone
- Label everything with your name – harp covers, benches, tuning keys, music bag, string bag, etc.
- Comfortable clothing during the week
- Good walking shoes during the week. Pedal harpists have your harp shoes.
- Phones – students may use their phones at lunch, before or after classes, and in an emergency.
- Optional: Harp or music themed clothing and accessories for our “harp dress” day on Wednesday.
- Saturday Concert Attire: PLEASE ARRIVE DRESSED. GIRLS: All skirts and dresses must be below the knee when sitting and when standing. You may also wear black pants. No fingernail polish unless clear or pale pink. 1) A solid white or black top with black pants or black skirt OR 2) All black Shoes: Pedal harpists should wear shoes with a back or back strap around the heel. No flip-flops. BOYS: Solid white or black shirt with black pants. No T-shirts, please. Black socks with black shoes. Tie is optional. Jacket is optional.
- You will NOT need to bring a music stand.
Label personal items:
- Linens and Pillows: We recommend bringing double size sheets as they can always be tucked. The bed sizes are either double or twin, and often we do not know in advance.
- Snacks (there will be a refrigerator in the suite)
- Appropriate board games.
- Phones – students may use their phones at lunch after classes or in an emergency. There is not a phone in the dorm.
- The dorm will have wifi. Other devices are permitted in the evening but are difficult to monitor.
- Prescription medications and allergies (including food allergies):
Notify Hope Cowan prior to the festival and again at the time of check-in.
Contact Ms. Cowan at email@example.com or 507-993-4969.
Please contact Hope Cowan: firstname.lastname@example.org ; 507-993-4969
Or Susanna Campbell at email@example.com ; 281-620-0742