Please download and complete the General Release Form, Medical Release Form, and Photo Release Form found in the checklist below. Bring with you on the first day of camp or submit in advance to email@example.com.
CHECK LIST for ALL STUDENTS
1) Harp (rental harps must be reserved by June 15th)
2) Harp dolly (if you have one)
3) Stool or bench if you use one at home
4) All extra strings that you already have
5) Original copies for all required ensemble music. Music in a black binder. Copyright laws require that if a student brings a xerox of a part, they must also have the original.
6) Tuner or tuning app
7) Pick-up for the tuner. If you are using a tuning app on a phone or iPad , you may use ear buds to drop into the back of the soundboard, If you are using a chromatic tuner of some type, we suggest Schaller Oyster Pickup or the Clip-On tuning pick-up available at Melody’s Music (281) 890-4500.
8) Label everything with your name including harp covers, stools, binder, etc.
9) Comfortable clothes.
10) Optional: Harp or Music themed clothing and/or accessories for our “harp dress” dress.
11) SATURDAY concert attire:
- Girls: All skirts and dresses must be below the knee or longer when sitting and when standing. You may also wear black pants. 1) A solid bright colored top with black pants or skirt. OR 2) A solid bright colored dress that falls below the knee. OR 3) All black
Shoes – no flip-flops. Pedal harpists should wear shoes with a back or back strap around the heel. No fingernail polish unless clear or pale pink.
- Boys: White, black or solid bright colored shirt with black pants, black socks, and black shoes. Tie optional. Jacket optional.
12) You will NOT need to bring a music stand.
16) Parents – if your personal harp is not insured, this may be a good time to ask your child’s teacher what that would entail for now and/or in the future.
ON-CAMPUS STUDENTS CHECK LIST
1) Linens and Pillows: We recommend bringing double size sheets as they can always be tucked. The bed sizes are either double or twin, and often we do not know in advance.
4) Snacks (there will be a refrigerator in the suite)
5) Appropriate board games and movies (we ask that you limit movies to G or PG)
6) Phone to call or text parents (there are no phones in the dorms)
7) Tablets are permitted but are difficult to monitor. The dorm will have wifi.
8) Medications your child needs. Notify Hope Cowan PRIOR to the festival (firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-993- 4969) about any medications you are bringing and also of ANY allergies especially food.
9) We recommend that personal items be labeled.
Contact Hope Cowan: email@example.com ; 507-993- 4969
Or Susanna Campbell: firstname.lastname@example.org ; 281-620- 0742