Please download and complete the General Release Form, Medical Release Form, and Photo Release Form found in the checklist below. Bring with you on the first day of camp or submit in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOUSTON SUMMER HARP FESTIVAL CHECK LIST
ALL Students should bring:
- Medical Release Form
- Photo/Media Release Form
- General Release Form
- Harp (Rented harp must be reserved by June 15th.)
- Harp dolly (if you use one)
- Bench or Stool that you use one at home
- Extra Strings that you already own
- Music in ½ size black binder
- Tuning Key
- Tuner or tuning app on phone
- Clip-on or oyster mic pick-up for tuner or earbuds for tuning app on phone
- Label everything with your name – harp covers, benches, tuning keys, music bag, string bag, etc.
- Comfortable clothing during the week
- Good walking shoes during the week. Pedal harpists have your harp shoes.
- Phones – students may use their phones at lunch, before or after classes, and in an emergency.
- Optional: Harp or music themed clothing and accessories for our “harp dress” day on Wednesday.
- Saturday Concert Attire: PLEASE ARRIVE DRESSED. GIRLS: All skirts and dresses must be below the knee when sitting and when standing. You may also wear black pants. No fingernail polish unless clear or pale pink. 1) A SOLID (no patterns and only one color) bright colored top with black pants or black skirt OR 2) A SOLID (no patterns and only one color) bright colored dress that falls below the knee OR 3) All black Shoes: Pedal harpists should wear shoes with a back or back strap around the heel. No flip-flops. BOYS: Solid white, black or solid bright colored shirt with black pants. No T-shirts, please. Black socks with black shoes. Tie is optional. Jacket is optional.
- You will NOT need to bring a music stand.
Label personal items:
- Linens and Pillows: We recommend bringing double size sheets as they can always be tucked. The bed sizes are either double or twin, and often we do not know in advance.
- Snacks (there will be a refrigerator in the suite)
- Appropriate board games.
- Phones – students may use their phones at lunch after classes or in an emergency. There is not a phone in the dorm.
- The dorm will have wifi. Other devices are permitted in the evening but are difficult to monitor.
- Prescription medications and allergies (including food allergies):
Notify Hope Cowan prior to the festival and again at the time of check-in.
Contact Ms. Cowan at email@example.com or 507-993-4969.
Please contact Hope Cowan: firstname.lastname@example.org ; 507-993-4969
Or Susanna Campbell at email@example.com ; 281-620-0742