Music List for 2017
We offer 3 harp ensembles. Please read the descriptions below to choose your ensemble(s). You must be in Allegro Ensemble to be a member of the Encore Ensemble. Adagio Ensemble is for beginning/intermediate or players with less experience. Please ask your teacher which Ensemble music (see below) you should order. If you are unsure, contact Mrs. DeRosa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-962-6923.
LEARNING YOUR PART
You and your teacher will choose a part from every piece listed in your ensemble. Prepare all of your parts before our week begins!
Harp students from different backgrounds and varying experiences will be attending. Some music could look hard and some music could look easy. You may simplify your part to accommodate your level of playing. For difficult music, learn to play one hand very well. For “easy“ music, remember that there are other skills we will be working on, not just note reading. For you, there will be other challenges and opportunities for expanding your musicianship and leadership within the ensemble.
Once you have bought your music, copy the parts you have chosen and put them into a ½” black binder for the festival. Bring your binder and your original copies to the Festival.
Please order your music immediately. Music is available from Melody’s Traditional Music – www.folkharp.com or (281) 890-4500 unless noted as a downloadable PDF from this website. All parts should be prepared by July 10th.
ADAGIO ENSEMBLE (lower level)
This ensemble is recommended for beginning/intermediate
incoming 6th – 9th graders and those inexperienced in ensemble playing. Lever and pedal harps.
1) Over the Rainbow for 2 harps from Wizard of OZ by Harold Arlen arranged by RoJean Loucks
2) Happy from Despicable Me 2 by Pharrell Williams arranged by Sylvia Woods. You may learn Harp 1, Harp 2 or the Solo.
3) “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” from The Lion King by Elton John arranged by Angi Bemiss. This is a solo version. Learn the C major version.
4) Triptic Dance by Jean–Bernard Beauchamp
5) You will receive a part for the final piece once registration is complete. There is no charge.
ALLEGRO ENSEMBLE (upper level)
This ensemble is for late intermediate/advanced 9th graders through graduated seniors. You are expected to have some experience with ensemble playing and be able to confidently play your part with correct notes, fingering, and counting. Lever and pedal harps.
1) FROZEN arranged by Sylvia Woods. LEARN “Let It Go”
2) Hallelujah from Shrek by Leonard Cohen arranged by Susan Koskelin
3) Pirates of the Caribbean from Pirates of the Caribbean by Klaus Badelt arranged for 3 harps by Rachel Ellins
4) Happy from Despicable Me 2 by Pharrell Williams arranged by Sylvia Woods. You may learn Harp 1, Harp 2 or the Solo
ENCORE ENSEMBLE This ensemble offers an extra opportunity for advanced players in Allegro Ensemble who have sufficiently prepared their Allegro Ensemble repertoire. You MUST be a member of Allegro Ensemble to play with Encore Ensemble.
1) Memory from Cats by Andrew Lloyd Webber arranged by Beverly Myrow